Saturday, November 6, 2010

First field trip with my new camera

I decided at the last minute to head out to the central catchment nature reserve today. Waiting at home for the army to call us up really makes weekend planning difficult…

And as my title says, I got a DSLR camera after the longest time! Still need to get use to the weight and the difficulty of taking pictures with one hand…

IMG_0303

A noctuid moth, probably Spirama retorta.

IMG_0323

The outer fruit covering of Adenia macrophylla. The curly threads are attached to the seeds, so that they hang out to attract birds.

IMG_0351

A Ficus species which I duno the ID.

IMG_0369

A Calophyllum species which have this hard lump (stipule?) on it.

IMG_0391

I found this hairy fruit scattered all over the ground.

IMG_0388

They belong to this tree, Commersonia bartramia.

IMG_0380

Several individuals of Clerodendrum deflexum were fruiting gregariously.

IMG_0362

Found the developing of another unknown plant.

IMG_0361

And these are the leaves of it.

IMG_0433

A Lascar, Lasippa sp. was totally engrossed in puddling that I was able to go close enough to get this shot.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...