Sunday, September 12, 2010

Monkey faces

A continuation from my previous post, which was overloaded with plants, this entry will feature some of my observations and pictures of long-tailed macaques in MacRitchie Reservoir, Prunus Trail.

P1020443 
I was stopped from my path when a whole troop of monkeys came in the opposite direction. Pretty scary especially with the big alpha male snarling along the way.

P1020450

They seemed not perturbed by my presence (luckily), and I was able to get some pictures of them in close proximity. Here is one eating on what I think is a rubber seed.

P1020459
And a young one eating on the same thing.

P1020463

Special grooming services were provided for some, ass cleaning is even available.

P1020465
Plucking white hair? Don’t flinch! lol, I find that expression was rather funny.

P1020470 
They even let me go this close for a shot.

P1020578 
They also have an appetite for eating young shoots. Not good for reforestation I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol since when did your interest expand to monkeys?
- louise

SY said...

Just some opportunistic shots~ Nothing more :)

Hello There said...

=)

Sy said...

Hello~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...