Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crocodile!

At long last! After so many trips to Sungei Buloh, I managed to tap on RY’s luck and finally get to see the Estuarine Crocodile (Crocodylus porosus)! 
 IMG_5056

It was basking on the across the bank from the platform where we were. It seemed like quite a small one but RY said it is because of the distance. This species is the largest of all living reptiles today. I hope the public who visit this place will also feel the awe that I felt rather than fear, followed by complains and ultimately, the removal of it to a crocodile farm and ending up as a purse as what had happened previously.

This is a nature area and we should we be proud that we have such amazing animals in Singapore.

3 comments:

Sean said...

Awesome one! I'll have to remember to pray for that one next time!

Tisu said...

Siyang u guys are so lucky...i oni managed to see twice, but both times it was oni half a croc....hahah

Siyang said...

Oh, but u saw it twice and me only once Tisu. :)

Yea, but I felt very lucky. :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...