Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Dolphins !!!

I guess the title speaks for itself! Dolphins are occasionally seen in our waters and now its my turn to witness it! Wohoo!
Is that some Rubbish?

Was out diving with Lionel, Juan, Marco and Tse yang to collect some coral rubble our honours project. Just as we passed by St. John, I was gazing far and thinking whether there are dolphins around here. As if someone up there heard me, I saw a few fins going up and down! Dolphins!!! I screamed to everyone.

Jaws? No they are dolphins!

Our dear boatmen immediately stop the boat and me, Juan and Marco began flashing out our cameras and started snapping away and taking videos. It was rather hard to take the photos, (well only x4 zoom) and they only surfaced for a moment then going under so I just kept taking and taking ;p

See the pink dolphin's nose on the left?

They are so adorable! Those are pink dolphins, as seen the one on the left, with quite a few other grey colored ones which Juan told us were the juveniles. There was a small school of them, about 6 - 10 (cant really give an accurate number cos not all of them up at the same time). They look so adorable, splashing about, and turning around. Kinda a spolier when another boat came crashing into their direction, almost banging into them and ignoring or din hear our calls. But I guess no harm was done from the looks of it.

Now this is what I called Uniquely Singapore.





Dun be distracted by the rubbish at the front. The dolphins are further back!






This video is clearer I guess =)

Do watch out Juan's posting (better picts and videos!) on her
Ashira blog

10 comments:

Ria Tan said...

WOW! Amazing! What a fantastic sight it must have been. So many of them too.

It's so heartening to know that the wild dolphins are still around.

Thanks for sharing!

Ron Yeo said...

Ahhh! Dolphins! Wish I was there... But then I am neither a bio honours student nor a diver :(

Ron Yeo said...

Btw, when I saw your photo on Juanhui's blog, I almost wanted to comment in her blog about the over-discussed topic we had last Saturday. Then was thinking, hmmm... skali this time round u r no longer that forgiving. Hahahhhaaa....

TS said...

=_= Juanhui purposely put it there to hint u to spite me again.

juanicths said...

Ron, that photo was just specially for u ^^ the only non-dolphin medium in the entire entry

Kok Sheng said...

Wonderful post!

Wish I was there too...hehe.

DreamerJuly said...

Cool sighting~!

And Siyang, your body isn't that bad anyway. Got quite a chest..hehehe. Jia You on your 'mass program'.

Cheers,
July

Ron Yeo said...

Ahem, Juanhui, the way you put it, people are going to think that Im a pervert.

July... eh... got chest meh???

Hahahahahhaaaa...

Anyway, better than me, all fats these days. Sigh...

TS said...

Wei wei, keep to the topic la, this entry is about dolphins =_=

Kok Sheng said...

lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...